The MQTT application was specifically designed for the user who prefers to view the status and data from their solar system on a Windows platform.
An interactive display depicts real time data so the user can easily assess the performance of their solar system.
The graphical interface allows the user to see current grid, load, PV and battery consumption rates.
This application will provide answers to the following questions:
- Are the panels generating power right now?
- Is the battery charging?
- Did my home use mostly grid power of solar power last week?
- Do I have current load shedding at home?
- Do I have enough battery capacity left to see me through the load shedding period?
- How much electricity am I currently using?
- Does my solar panel generate enough power to reduce or eliminate consumption from the grid?
- How do I know if it all stopped working?
PLEASE NOTE THAT MQTT DOES NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THE INVERTER DIRECTLY AND THEREFORE DOES NOT ALLOW ANY REMOTE CHANGES TO THE SYSTEM.